Lead Laboratory Technologist (Weekend Shift)
NAVICAN delivers precision cancer care. All patients deserve access to precision cancer care - the right therapy at the right time to ensure better outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. Today many people don’t get the precision therapy they need, and with the exceptional team of professionals we are building, we believe we can do better. Based on proven processes developed through years of experience and clinical best practices of Intermountain Healthcare, NAVICAN was created to transform advances in precision medicine into precision cancer care for patients everywhere that advanced therapies are available.
Expert prioritized therapy recommendations and experienced treatment navigators will simplify the path to drug and clinical trial access. At the same time, we’ll help patients and their caregivers navigate often frustrating administrative processes. We’re driven by an impatience to make more precision therapy options available to more cancer patients. If you have a passion to help people, a desire to grow, and you excel at what you do, join us at NAVICAN and make a positive impact on the world.
Lead Laboratory Technologist (Week-End Shift)
NAVICAN is seeking a Lead Laboratory Technologist for our Precision Cancer Care CLIA/CAP Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory in Salt Lake City. This individual will work with the Week-End Shift Laboratory Supervisor to help coordinate the daily operations of the laboratory. This individual will also perform high complexity molecular testing utilizing a variety of technologies, including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), in our brand-new state of the art laboratory located in the Historic Felt Building. As a Lead Technologist at NAVICAN, you will be part of a team of laboratorians, physicians, and patient navigators whose sole focus is on improving outcomes for cancer patients through the delivery of precision cancer care.
The successful candidate must be a high energy, hard-working team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, who knows and can apply best practices to delivering high quality laboratory testing and is focused on bettering the lives of cancer patients.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Coordinates with the week-end shift laboratory supervisor to ensure turnaround times are met
- Conducts training and personnel competency assessment as required
- Reviews QC data and ensures compliance with laboratory quality management program
- Performs nucleic acid extractions from FFPE and blood specimens
- Performs high complexity molecular testing according to the standard operating procedure
- Recognizes issues with test performance and works with the laboratory team to troubleshoot, document and implement solutions
- Performs and documents equipment maintenance and calibrations as required
- Analyzes data and records results in Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Participates in continuing education and quality improvement programs
- Coordinates with the team to ensure turnaround times are routinely met
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution
- Strong understanding of molecular biology techniques demonstrated through prior laboratory experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail and focused on quality
- Adaptable and willingness to learn and master new technologies
- Competent with basic data analysis in Microsoft excel
- At least 4 years of clinical molecular laboratory experience including PCR and Next Generation Sequencing
- Preferred: 1 year of clinical lab experience at the lead level
- MT, MLS, and/or MB ASCP Certification
- Position Based in Salt Lake City
- Four-Ten Schedule Including Saturdays and Sundays
$25-$29/hr + performance bonus + stock options + relocation assistance + weekend differential.
NAVICAN Genomics is an EOE/AA employer and offers competitive salary and benefits package.