Senior Research Associate, Analytical Development
Sr. Research Associate, Analytical Development
Arcturus Therapeutics is looking to hire a Senior Research Associate to join our Analytical Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for analytical testing of RNA-based drug substances, intermediates and formulated drug products. You will work within our outstanding, collaborative team developing analytical methodologies to support our emerging research pipeline focused on treating rare diseases.
In this Role You Will:
- Work in close collaboration with the broad team of RNA, chemistry and formulation scientists, to design and perform laboratory research experiments needed to support RNA, chemistry and formulation process development efforts
- Conduct, manage and coordinate routine analytical testing of RNA-based drug substances, intermediates and formulated drug products using various analytical techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis, Fluorimetry as well as other specialty instrumentation including but not limited to particle sizers, KF, osmometer, etc.
- Participate in development, optimization and trouble-shooting of the analytical methodologies to characterize RNA-based API and drug product formulations
- Support analytical equipment maintenance, trouble shooting and qualifications
- Support organizing, storage and maintaining inventory of the analytical materials and supplies
- Maintain proper documentation of all experimental procedures and results
- Write/revise analytical methods, prepare technical reports and presentations which summarize procedures, study results and provide data interpretation
- Present scientific results and observations to colleagues, management and clients at internal and client meetings
- Provide necessary training, guidance and oversight for analytical research associates and interns
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelors degree in Analytical Chemistry or in related discipline with 5+ years of relevant work experience or Masters degree in a related area of science with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with HPLC, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS instrumentation and applications. Familiarity with instrumentation software including Chemstation, ECM OpenLab, Chromeleon and Xcalibur software is a plus.
- Expertise in multiple analytical techniques such as UV-Vis, Karl Fischer, fluorescent plate readers, osmometers, viscometers etc.
- Experience with analytical characterization of nucleic acid based therapeutics is a plus.
- Knowledge of biochemistry techniques such as qPCR and various gel-based assays (e.g. Western blot) is a plus
- Familiarity with development, optimization and qualification of analytical procedures
- Ability to apply existing knowledge and experience to solve standard analytical problems without instruction and receive guidance on new assignments or more complex problems from a senior team member or supervisor
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have great attention to details
- Have strong organizational and planning skills
- Able to work independently and collectively as part of an integrated team environment with extensive interactions with RNA production, formulation, chemistry and CMC groups
- Comfortable working in a highly innovative environment and strong ability to cope with change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics Ltd. is a publicly traded RNA medicines company. Arcturus’s commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc., and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics Inc..
Our corporate culture is diverse, open and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We are looking for team members to grow with us and with a strong dedication to the highest levels of scientific excellence.
Arcturus is committed to equal opportunity and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For more information about our company, visit www.ArcturusRx.com.