Director, Project Management
The Director of Project Management will work closely with research and development project teams to lead the project management function to create and monitor detailed project timelines and deliverables. This will include:
• Working in partnership with project teams to ensure timely, efficient and effective meetings; ensure adequate progress on team activities; and document/track rationale behind key decisions.
• Ensuring project teams meet the needs of the company by balancing process and flexibility to keep drug development moving quickly and efficiently.
• Keeping project team, senior management, and strategic partners informed on progress to goals, as well as communicating issues and risks, and proposing and implementing plans to resolve such issues and execute corrective actions.
• Contributing to team strategy, including reviewing critical documents to ensure they are in line with project goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build the Project Management function commensurate with organizational growth
• Provide project management skills to add value to each cross-functional project by ensuring excellent communication and clear direction of objectives, milestones, and timelines
• Manage teams in partnership with the Project Team Leader to proactively identify, manage, and quickly resolve issues and problems
• Collaborate closely with each functional area to ensure projects are moving effectively toward their milestones. Contribute to creation of Project Management (PM) budgets and resource estimates for functional area, provide oversight of resources, and contribute to the management of the PM budget
• Inform senior management of operational, budgetary, or resource issues/obstacles in a timely fashion
• Develop, implement, and maintain clear, efficient documents and tools to facilitate team communication, meeting planning, and documentation of team decisions and action items
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Extensive experience in project management in a drug development environment and has successfully advanced a drug product from research through clinical trials and commercialization.
• Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in life sciences or related field with 10 or more years in the biopharmaceutical industry in project management roles. Advanced degree is preferred as is a PMP certificate
• Strong organizational, management, teamwork, interpersonal skills and professionalism required
• Ability to effectively work with a variety of levels within the organization, including executives
• Excellent clinical judgment and ability to communicate complex clinical issues in a scientifically sound and understandable way
• Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
• Focus on detail with enthusiasm to constantly seek ways to improve processes and practices
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Collaborate effectively with the study team, cross-functional team members, and external partners
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a timely and accurate manner
• Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment
• Understanding of the pharmaceutical culture and the special requirements of completing projects within a regulated environment
• Proficient with Windows: MS Office; and ability to learn new programs as needed
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.