Research Technician - (in vivo)
The California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute (CPMCRI) is currently recruiting for a Research Technician for the Cancer Avatar project. Incumbent will be actively involved in pre-clinical research programs by managing a specialized barrier colony; assisting in experiments; handling dosing; sample collection; sanitizing/decontaminating all work areas; health monitoring and observing animals; reporting abnormalities to Supervisor and Animal Care Facility (ACF) manager; perform accurate data collection/reporting with minimal supervision; and participate in training activities as it relates to new employees entering the ACF barrier. The incumbent will work closely with a team of investigators, project manager, research associates, and project assistants who are responsible for coordinating the scientific activities and experimental design of multiple cancers.
In addition, incumbent will write reports regarding the status of projects and contribute to preparation of manuscripts for publication, as well as present and interpret study data in meetings.
- Must have experience working with animal (mouse) models, including basic handling, dosing, sample collection, and necropsy
- Must have strong organizational, record keeping, and analytical skills
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be willing and able to work among and across rodent species
- Must be able to take direction, however must successful work independently
- Must be flexible and open to new tasks and challenges
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be a flexible, self-starting and self-managing person
- Must maintain appropriate documentation as required by protocols and SOP’s according to GLP practices
- Must have the ability to solve problems, offer solutions, think logically and have a quick and retentive memory
- It is critical to quickly turn-around, and maintain accuracy and thoroughness in all requirements and requests
- It is desirable if the employee is able to understand, develop and utilize novel in-vivo animal models
- Consistently seeks out self-improvement opportunities in all aspects with the purpose of improving and training self
- Most importantly we seek individuals who exemplify our Team values:
- Honest Communication
Education: BA/BS with a major in an applicable natural science plus a minimum of eighteen months of experience in the kind of work to be performed or equivalent education and experience is required; Master Degree with 6 months experience in applicable natural science while in school, is preferred.
Occasional weekends, early mornings or late night work may be required.