Scientist- Assay Development
This is a medical diagnostics company developing innovative point-of-care solutions in infectious disease for patients and their medical care providers. We are building a world-class molecular diagnostics platform that leverages our proprietary technologies to enable rapid, sample-to-answer diagnostic testing across a wide range of healthcare environments. We are taking on some of the greatest challenges in healthcare and working to improve the access and quality of care for patients across the globe.
Our key areas of expertise include:
- Assay development
- Bioinformatics/ Assay Design
- End-to-end platform engineering
- Microfluidic chip technology
- System integration and scale up
Our Assay Development group in the R&D division focuses on molecular assays development such as nucleic acid isolation, purification, amplification and labeling technologies. We are seeking talented, motivated individuals to join a collaborative effort to enable development of rapid diagnostic tests of several pathogens from various clinical specimens.
You will focus on our CARB-X award to develop the company's rapid CLIA-waived molecular diagnostic test for detecting chlamydia and gonorrhea directly from a patient's sample in just minutes https://lnkd.in/g5B4quv).
- Design and optimize chemistry and biological assays related to nucleic acid technologies, transferrable to microfluidic devices.
- Drive and participate in assay feasibility, development work and method transfer to other teams as needed.
- Design, execute and document experiments and troubleshoot.
- Prepare test plans, verification plans, data and content for presentations, reports, white papers or other company relevant materials.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Cellular or Molecular Microbiology or related fields with 5+years’ experience (academia or industrial) in biology.
- Expertise in assay design, formulation optimization, and trouble-shooting for nucleic acid amplification (qPCR, isothermal amplification).
- Expertise in nucleic acid extraction and clean-up methods from challenging samples.
- Strong background in microbiology and/or host-pathogen interaction and immune response highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with qPCR is required, with digital PCR desired.
- Experience in development of clinical diagnostic assays for infectious disease.
- Strong background in bioinformatics tools used for sequence analysis and primer design.
- Strong background in data analysis and statistics is a must, familiarity with DOE software a plus.
- The candidate needs to be creative, self-motivated, an out-of-the-box thinker and demonstrate initiative.
- Solid written, verbal and presentation communication skills and ability to actively participate on interdisciplinary product teams a must.