Senior Linux Systems Administrator (Bioinformatics)
PACT Pharma is an exciting new company with laboratories in the San Francisco Bay Area. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. The identification of neo-epitopes that serve as private mutations for each patient’s cancer creates a unique opportunity to engineer autologous T cells that target and kill tumors expressing these neo-antigens. PACT utilizes technology licensed from the laboratories of Drs. Heath and Baltimore (Caltech) to identify T cells that recognize the neo-epitope. The unique T-cell receptor (TCR) sequences obtained from these neoepitope-reactive cells are then engineered into T cells from the patient’s own blood to produce PACT’s therapeutic product: a tsunami of fresh, active T cells that, following infusion into the patient, recognize and attack each patient’s cancer cells.
We are located in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. PACT Pharma is an ambitious cutting-edge undertaking - we fully anticipate our company to become the world’s leader in personalized adoptive T cell therapies for cancer and therefore key to the future of cancer treatment. We are currently located in Hayward, CA, but will be moving offices to South San Francisco by the end of the year.
TITLE: Senior Linux Systems Administrator (Bioinformatics)
This position is responsible for the daily aspects of PACT’s IT infrastructure, including IT facilities (power, HVAC, data center environment), perimeter and data center security, operations and management, server hardware and OS management, network management, and managing the help desk function.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with the Bioinformatics team processing Data
- Inheritance of core-IT
- Manage day-to-day aspects of PACT’s IT infrastructure, including IT facilities (power, HVAC, data center environment), perimeter and data center security, operations and management, server hardware and OS management, and network management
- No less than 10 years of Linux experience
- Manage ongoing relationship with Disaster Recovery vendor(s)
- Hands on management of the Help Desk function
- Oversee all aspects of the deployment and maintenance of PACT’s fleets of laptops and desktops
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of core PACT applications, including those covered by PACT’s Enterprise Agreements with Microsoft
- Working knowledge of ITIL and TOGAF frameworks
- Work with Senior Leadership to ensure implementation and maintenance of all systems are compliant with relevant standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Must be a team player and be able to work in a startup environment
- Minimum of 3-4 years prior experience in network or systems engineer capacity
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT management, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong technical knowledge of and direct experience with implementing, supporting, and maintaining systems supporting bioinformatics, e.g. high-performance computing (HPC)
- Experience working in regulated environments and complying with change control systems and GMP regulations (and their impact on IT).
- Familiarity with key Microsoft enterprise products, including MS Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, and others.
- Extensive experience, NLT 10 years with systems security and related network design considerations
- Must be a team player with positive attitude and willingness to innovate are strongly desired.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to non-technical clients
- Strengths in working across all levels of the company in a calm and diplomatic manner.
- Self-motivator with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Experience deploying InfiniBand networks, i.e., QDR and FDR
- Experience with various HPC network topologies, i.e, fat-tree, 3d-torus
- Experience with provisioning HPC environments within Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Layer 2/3 networking, specifically Cisco / Palo Alto Networks firewalls and switches
- Experience configuring LACP bonding
- SELinux experience
- Red Hat Idm / Free IPA