Next Generation Sequencing Research Associate
Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, at Alkahest, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, in vitro, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
The role will provide support for detailed mechanism of action studies for Alkahest non-clinical programs. The position necessitates Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) experience to run bulk- and single cell RNAseq experiments, including library construction for Illumina sequencing. These studies will involve cutting edge science and the efforts of this role will be pivotal in advancing our therapeutic capabilities. The role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization to successfully drive the science and achieve Alkahest’s corporate mission.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform next-gen sequencing sample preparation and quality control for single-cell RNAseq (SMARTseq, 10x chromium, Illumina Nextera XT and TruSeq).
- Independent charge of laboratory infrastructure such as restocking of solutions and consumables, preparing solutions, and maintenance of sensitive equipment.
- Perform and document protocols and experiments.
- Handle small animals (perfusions, dissections, sectioning) and perform basic histology techniques.
- Assist with FACS sorter for samples derived from in vitro and in vivo sources.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher in relevant scientific disciplines.
- Experience (1+ years) working with multiple types of biological samples for NGS preparations.
- Successful track record with single cell RNAseq protocols, in particular SMARTseq v4 and Illumina library preparations.
- Experience with DNA and RNA quantitation methods (picogreen, UV/VIS spectroscopy), qPCR and lab automation.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong team spirit with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills among a multidisciplinary environment.
- Flexibility to accommodate the advancing needs of fast pasted scientific programs.
- Experience with LIMS and similar laboratory automation systems.