Research Associate – Drug Discovery
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative Research Associate to join our drug discovery team. The primary responsibilities will include an emphasis on novel target discovery and validation using cell-based in vitro assays. Additionally, the new team member should be motivated to learn and execute a wide range of techniques such as the isolation and purification of primary cells, protein target expression analysis using flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays, and other biochemical and molecular biology techniques. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player, with a high-level of scientific curiosity and enthusiasm for novel biological discovery.
- Broad experience in mammalian cell culture, with the ability to simultaneously maintain and utilize multiple cell lines for in vitro cell-based evaluation of protein target functions.
- Employ modern molecular and cell biology techniques to evaluate target function utilizing a variety of in vitro systems (e.g. flow cytometry, ELISA, western blot, qPCR, etc.).
- Independently design, perform, and troubleshoot experiments.
- Attend team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups.
- Proficiency using data analysis and visualization software such as Excel and GraphPad Prism.
- Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or closely related field.
- BS/BA degree with 0-3 years research experience.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"