Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Biochemistry
Tango is an exciting oncology startup launched by Third Rock Ventures, one of Boston’s premier biotech funding groups. Our focus is on exploiting synthetic lethal interactions to discover and develop new breakthrough cancer therapies.
Our discovery efforts begin and end with patients. We invert the traditional discovery paradigm by putting patient selection before target identification. We use deep DNA sequencing and CRISPR-based screening to identify novel targets for specific subgroups of cancer patients. Our goal is to leverage the principles of synthetic lethality to find novel weaknesses in cancer cells and use them to provide a roadmap to cures. As we advance our molecules into the clinic, our trials will enroll the patients most likely to benefit from our new treatments; thereby enabling greater speed, success, and impact for those patients. We’re proud to have been named a “Fierce 15” company in 2017 and a finalist for Xconomy’s Startup of the Year award in 2018.
Tango Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic and highly self-motivated research associate to join our Biochemistry group. You will be an integral member of a dynamic and multidisciplinary drug discovery team dedicated to developing drugs for a novel class of therapeutics. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating high-quality data to support early drug discovery activities including hit finding, validation, and optimization. You will also be involved in the mechanism of inhibition studies and presenting summarized data to different teams.
- Design and execute biochemical and biophysical assays to characterize protein and protein-ligand interaction
- Develop high-throughput assays
- Validate hits from screening efforts and provide support for hit-to-lead and lead optimization activities
- Conduct experiments to determine the mechanism of inhibition with lead molecules
- Communicate and engage with external research at CROs
- Analyze, interpret and present data to project team
- Document data using ELN
Required Skills & Qualifications
- B.S/M.S. in biochemistry or a related discipline with 5 plus years of research laboratory experience
- Ability to design and conduct experiments independently in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Solid understanding of enzyme kinetics and thermodynamics
- Experience with developing and running biochemical assays
- Experience with developing and running biophysical assays
- Experience in protein expression and purification is strongly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and strong documentation skills
- Ability to communicate results to diverse audiences