Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, basic and applied biological research. The six-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. The company currently has a strategic partnership with Genus plc (agriculture) and has co-founded a human therapeutics company, Intellia Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTLA).
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Contracts Manager to join our Legal group in Berkeley, reporting to the Chief Legal Officer and working closely with the Company’s Corporate Counsel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including but not limited to confidentiality, consulting, material transfer, and service contracts, as well as amendments thereto
- Populate and maintain the Company’s online contract management system (ContractLogix)
- Manage agreements from start to finish including logging and updating contract management system for agreements
- Ensure that agreements are timely reviewed and handled, and all agreement records are accurately maintained in contract management system
- Serve as the contracts administrator for the Company and be the “go-to” person for contracts issues; provide updates on the status of agreements, and respond to inquiries related to agreements
- Act as the primary resource for internal stakeholders and third parties, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Identify contract risks and issues, suggest alternatives for best resolution
- Run reports from the Company’s online contract management system and ensure compliance with all agreements
- Provide general legal and administrative support as needed
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern Caribou’s business
Candidate must possess:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in contract management, including drafting, negotiating, finalizing, and processing contracts, preferably in-house at biotechnology or life sciences companies and/or academic institutions
- Experience working with contract databases; ContractLogix usage preferred, but training will be available
- Initiative, accountability, good judgment and decision-making, pragmatism, professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders and third parties
- Attention to detail, producing error-free work products
- Proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities as required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive outlook and enthusiasm for exciting, challenging work
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and other business-specific software
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.