Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Immuno-Oncology (Job Code: 818-TSS03)
About the Company
Headquartered in San Diego, ACEA Therapeutics, Inc. (spin off of ACEA Biosciences) is a fully-integrated late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of innovative treatment for cancer and autoimmune diseases. The company’s most advanced program AC0010, a mutation-selective, third-generation EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), is currently under Phase III clinical development in NSCLC in multiple sites including China and the US.
We are seeking highly skilled and motivated employees who are looking for growth opportunities in a fast paced, startup-like environment. Reports to the Vice President, Drug Discovery, working to discover and develop novel biologic therapeutic leads (antibody or protein) for the treatment of cancer. (S)he will lead therapeutic programs targeting novel immune modulators for cancer therapeutics, and will play a role in defining strategy of the programs. In a matrix setting, this scientist will be leading preclinical stage projects from proof of concept, hit-to-lead identification and characterization to asset development and IND enabling research. Solid in vitro assay bench skills, extensive immunology knowledge, a positive can-do attitude, strong team working skills and good communication are the keys to the success of this role.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Pharmacology, Cell Biology, or related life science
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate industry experience in the field of immunology or immune-oncology
- Prior experience with cell-based assays relevant to cancer drug development and immune functions is a must
- Prior project leadership experience in antibody drug development strongly preferred
- Track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and/or inventions
- Excellent attention to detail with proven communication and problem solving skills.
- Superior time- and project-management skills; commitment to anticipating and meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to respond to changing priorities and project directions.
Physical Demands Analysis
- The employee stands for long periods, walks, bends at neck and waists, twists at neck and waist, uses repetitive hand movement, uses simple and power grasping with both hands, uses fine manipulation of both hands and fingers, and team-lifts and carries objects weighing up to 50 pounds at a height of three feet and carries a distance of up to 30 feet.
- Sits to enter and retrieve data from personal computers and terminals via keyboards, and is often performed while intermittently sitting up to five hours a day.
- Frequently operate office/lab equipment requiring repetitive arm/hand movement and/or the coordinated movement of more than one limb simultaneously.
- Possess specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to potentially hazardous laboratory chemicals, solvents, microbiological pathogens, odors and fumes.
ACEA offers a professional, collaborative, creative and supportive environment with a competitive compensation package including: health, dental, vision, PTO, short-term disability, 401k plan and much more.
Interested candidates, meeting the qualifications, please email your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (In the subject line reference: job code 818-TSS02). Due to the volume of responses, only qualified candidates are considered.
For more information on this and other open positions, please visit our website at www.aceabio.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer