Engineering Technician 1 - Utilities Waste Water Treatment Plant
This primary function of the department is to provide uninterrupted utilities and wastewater treatment for site manufacturing, research and administrative activities. The System technician position will provide support and troubleshooting to both validated and non-validated Utility systems. System technician services include equipment installation and troubleshooting as well as process support. Major Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Utilities Operations at the North Chicago site. Requires a high degree of specialized attention to equipment and systems in 24/7/365 environment. Maximize efficiency and prevent any interruption of equipment and systems supporting Site Operations including facility, equipment, utility, and controls systems. Maintain and continually improve equipment and systems, and contribute to the design of new processes. Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Create and achieve clear and specified objectives. Conduct investigations with a limited number of variables. Complete tasks supporting equipment and systems, including system maintenance, equipment or process design and development, validation of equipment, materials and processes, preparation of specifications and operator training.
- Comply with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Provide technical service support including but not limited to daily monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned systems. Assigned systems include validated and non-validated purified water, validated and non-validated compressed air; and validated and non-validated nitrogen.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in design, installation, startup or execution of a project or task as well as the maintenance of a program.
- Maintain documentation, monitoring logs, training manuals, etc. for regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the implementation of long term projects to maintain efficiency.
- Assist operations in the process of troubleshooting to determine potential impacts on operating and facility systems.
- Exchange information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Deliver recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
- Provide limited technical assistance and information to production, engineering groups and outside consultants, contractors, and various departments within the Company.
- Participate and/or assist engineers in the design of process equipment or systems for optimal performance. Assist in the startup of new and troubleshoots existing facilities/equipment to ensure optimal operation and performance.
- Identify issues and implement troubleshooting techniques necessary to avoid operation/equipment downtime. Closely monitor systems as assigned for potential issues and/or improvements.
- Respond to requests, evaluate problems, determine causes and communicates and implement solutions in the most efficient manner.
- Act is backup operator as necessary.
- High School/GED is required. Technical school completion/certification preferred.
- 2+ years' experience in Utilities Waste Water Treatment Plant Operations required.
- Experience with operating validated systems preferred.
- Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled