Quality Assurance and Regulatory Specialist
Ripple is looking for a Quality Assurance and Regulatory Specialist to develop and manage Ripple’s quality management system, regulatory documents, recipes, databases, and programs. This is a full-time position based out of our headquarters in Berkeley.
- Oversee and master the Ripple quality management system, including products, suppliers and new products risk analysis, creation of product specifications, and communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Be the master of document control and quality workflows, ensuring correct processes are followed in a timely manner, and providing support to all departments
- Audit suppliers when needed
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage the supplier approval process for quality: request and maintain suppliers documents database, evaluate suppliers’ risk, create ingredients risk analysis and give food safety and quality recommendations for product development. Participate in suppliers’ audits.
- Review formulas, packaging and process SOP, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulation, external and internal standards (including claims, Kosher, Non-Gmo, gluten-free…)
- Provide knowledge of FSMA regulations, stay informed of regulatory changes and communicate upcoming changes to the teams
- Ensure document control processes are compliant with the regulation, implemented and followed in a timely manner. Train new employees to the document control system.
- Support Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventive Actions for product deviations. Ensure products are put on hold and issues are addressed correctly and escalated as required.
- Organize quality’s department data and manage KPI
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement of department
- Help quality and commercialization team as needed
- Play the role of janitor, receptionist, IT-person, printer-jam-clearer, and general pitcher-inner alongside everyone else at Ripple!
REQUIRED SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Quality in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's of Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of quality management systems, food safety and document control
- Knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulations
- HACCP certified
- Experience in problem solving techniques and writing work instructions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to write, review and revise SOPs
- Willingness for occasional travel to co-packer and suppliers (~10%)
- Finally, you need to be ready to roll-up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done, because, despite our early successes, this is still a start-up!
Bonus points if you have:
- PCQI certification
- GFSI schemes experience
- Prior experience developing a management system and culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- Experience in labelling, working with product development teams
- Experience in audit
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting governmental regulations, general business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures