Title: Sales Director
Reporting to: Senior Director of Business Development and Partnering
Mispro Biotech Services Corporation is a leading contract-service company that offers state of the art in-vivo research environments including animal husbandry and veterinary support services for pre-clinical research activities within the biomedical, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry.
Based out of the North-East region, this position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling Mispro’s sales processes through developing and maintaining an efficient sales team.
• Establish, execute, and implement a comprehensive sales plan.
• Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each market. Monitor actions and results against plans.
• Prepare precise budgets on both selling expenses and revenue generation that aligns with the plan.
• Liaise with executives on the implementation of the company’s strategic, operational plan and budget.
• Effectively build and manage a team of sales representatives in order to achieve the budget goals.
• Manage all prospecting efforts including but not limited to; delivery of a detailed prospect management plan, regular weekly reporting on activity and results, accurate timely sales forecasting and prospect development.
• Identify large lead generation opportunities that drive significant leads.
• Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
• Successfully negotiate contracts that represent good value for the client and sound business for the company.
• Handle follow-up related to the sales and drive completion of contractual documents.
• Develop and deliver proposals and implementation plans
• Facilitate contract development and execution, provide guidance on contract terms and requirements, obtain needed contract approvals and signatures, adhere to corporate contracting procedures.
• Works closely with leadership and marketing team on value proposition, key messaging, development of marketing collateral and materials that drive ongoing lead generation
• Represents company and brand at conferences and with prospects, business partners, industry organizations, vendors, key constituents, and brokers as needed
• Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
• Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Market and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• 15-20 years relevant industry experience in biotech and/or life sciences and Contract Research Organizations (CROs); or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Biological Science with MBA is preferred.
• Willingness to travel
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strategic business awareness and analytical skills.
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines.
• Ability to influence others both internally and externally.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
Other Information (Physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.):
• The ability to lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs. is required.
• Competitive benefits package provided