Director, Applications Operations - Commercial
Maintains accountability for ensuring the operational efficiency and effectiveness for all Service Operations and Applications Maintenance Support activities. This role will maintain responsibility for the overall operational health for all Applications in their area of responsibility which is usaually an entire ITO. This role will report to the Senior Director of the ACoE.
Key Responsibilities Include :
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Responsible for overall operations and governance of Applications for an entire Technology Domain of Applications within the Application Center of Excellence. Traditional scope will include an ITO whose annual spend with the service provider(s) is greater than 10MM annually and a combined resource scope of more than 100 resources (internal and external).
- Establish and maintain strategic level working relationship with functional counterparts in the Technology Domain teams. Serve as the initial contact point for strategic initiatives initiated by Technology Domain teams that require Application Center of Excellence support and resources.
- Champion the development of standards and best practices cross functionally and partner with SMO and BMO to implement, deploy and govern. Drive process efficiency and improve overall productivity by identifying gaps, and evaluating / implementing new ideas, tools and processes. Create mechanisms to proactively detect deviations from expected service levels and influence internal and external partners on improvement plans, including plan/build and architecture.
- Generate strategies for enhancing operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as ways to improve productivity within domain and across functional areas within the Application Center of Excellence.
- Serve as AbbVie escalation contact point for Major Incidents. Assists with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues for Major Incidents with the Service Provider, Cross-functional teams, Technology Domain teams and Infrastructure teams.
- Assume a lead role in contributing to the development of standards and best practices surrounding the support of Applications in the Application Center of Excellence. Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT operations staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy.
- Manages a team(s) of managers and senior managers who have significant latitude and autonomy in their assignments. Provide guidance and direction to other professionals, acts in a consulting and/or advisory capacity; coordinates resolution of highly complex problems and tasks, and possesses ability to meet and operate under deadlines.
- Responsible for the overall Demand, Budget & Resource management for applications under the area of responsibility.
- Manage the relationship with Service Provider Account Team and Delivery Executives to ensure superior service delivery for all application maintenance and support activities.
- Work with Human Resources to define and implement programs to address changes in resourcing, career mobility, career development and reward / recognition initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline. Minimum of 15 years of combined experience in Information Technology. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in IT applications operations strategy, planning and implementation. Proven experience with Application outsourcing and terminology such as Minor Enhancements, ARC's/RRC's, Service Level Management and Vendor Management. Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Experience managing people, including HR responsibilities. Strong fiscal management and budgetary skills. Experience in managing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion. Experience with Service Operations in a global, multi-sourced environment. Experience in effectively leading cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills. Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives. Experience in effectively leading cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident and Problem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP), Demand and Release and Deployment Management. ITIL Foundation Certification. Experience developing and implementing Operating Level Agreements (OLA's).
- Experience developing and implementing Operating Level Agreements (OLA's). Experience with Service Operations in a global, multi-sourced environment. Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and improving performance to achieve key metrics. Strong fiscal management and budgetary skills.
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of ITIL-based IT service management best practices, as well as industry best practice IT support standards, strategies, solutions, and methodologies as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility. Experience with Service Now
- Experience proactively managing an outsourced, third-party support vendor for a significant portion of support operations for a global business; Demonstrated Program and Project Management skills; Cross-domain knowledge (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain)
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and improving performance to achieve key metrics; Demonstrated excellence in problem solving and tackling complex issues that span multiple areas of responsibility and diverse technologies