Sr. Director, Business Development, Severe Genetic Diseases
We are seeking a Sr. Director or Vice President, Business Development to play a leadership role in developing and executing our business strategy and expanding our growth/opportunities including alliances, partnerships, and other collaborations. In this role you will lead business development efforts for our Severe Genetic Disease franchise, in conjunction with its counterpart in the Oncology franchise. Reporting into the SVP, Corporate Development and Strategy, you will play a key role in sourcing, evaluating, structuring and negotiating deals for the company.
About the role:
About the role:
- Work closely with stakeholders within the Severe Genetic Disease franchise and R&D to understand and support key strategic goals and associated business development activities.
- Lead the identification, diligence, evaluation and development of acquisition, license, and partnership opportunities.
- Structure, negotiate and close significant and complex deals in line with company's business development objectives.
- Drive appropriate financial analysis to enable evaluation of opportunities.
- Ensure that the company is well represented in deal situations.
- Lead/co-lead out-license/partnership discussions.
- Lead/co-lead efforts to in-license additional programs.
- Foster internal communication and collaboration to ensure successful partnerships.
- Plan, develop, and successfully structure and negotiate new business proposals.
- Lead cross-functional project teams.
- JD/PhD/MD/MBA with 10+ years of relevant industry experience in biotech/pharma, and 7+ years in business development leadership roles. A background in science or medicine is preferred. Must have an aptitude to quickly understand new science and technology.
- Demonstrated track record of a wide range of executed transactions. Experience in negotiating and closing a variety of business agreements including M&A transactions, joint ventures, licensing agreements, co-promotions, strategic alliances and other types of corporate collaborations.
- Experience in Severe Genetic Diseases and/or Rare Disease space is a plus.
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to evaluate deal alternatives.
- Strong leadership qualities including strategic thinking, innovation, mentoring, scaling, collaboration, etc.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to build strong working relationships with colleagues and to ensure efficient and effective achievement of key deliverables.
- Robust understanding of the full drug development and global regulatory processes, lifecycle management and commercialization of therapeutics.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to effectively convey key recommendations to senior management. Also ensures clarity of focus and message during internal and external discussions.
- Knowledge of market and competitive environment including deal activity and potential opportunities.
- Can effectively manage business processes and opportunity evaluation.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment combining strategic and tactical capabilities.
- Embraces our core values: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself