Sr. Accountant, Medical Diagnostics
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the general ledger, helping develop internal controls and processes, assisting with technical accounting research, and will have ownership over the accounts payable and payroll process. Ideal candidates will have a combination background in public accounting and in industry, preferably with life sciences and/or medical device experience, a CPA license, and the ability and desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will report to directly to the Sr. Director, Finance and play an instrumental role in the financial growth of the Company.
- Perform the period end general ledger close and financial reporting process, including accounts reconciliation and preparation of financial reporting package.
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll entries and monitor PTO accruals.
- Drive the monthly variance analysis and make recommendations for resolution of issues.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial updates, including analysis of actual expenditures to budgeted expenditures.
- Review, participate and coordinate audit deliverables to provide requested documentation and analysis in a timely manner.
- Assist with cash management / forecasting.
- Ensure the accounting function continually provides first class customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Assist in grant management, including compliance to terms and reporting.
- Work with manager on budgeting and forecasting process.
- Partner effectively with both internal business partners, including internal and external auditors to address and resolve accounting and reporting issues.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation and drive the implementation of solutions
- Assist with special projects, analyses and other tasks as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting.
- CPA required.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in a public accounting and life sciences organization, with medical device/diagnostics company experience a definite plus.
- Experience with US GAAP.
- Strong project management and process improvement skills.
- Highly proficient with Excel and overall M/S Office proficiency.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Elite attention to detail.
- Professional, responsive and customer-focused working relationships with all levels of staff
- Ability to clearly communicate about accounting issues verbally and in writing
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional, rapidly changing environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.