Research Associate, Medicinal Chemistry
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking highly-motivated Research Associates for its medicinal chemistry group. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology. As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
As a member of the chemistry department, the successful candidate will be responsible with the preparation, isolation and characterization of small molecules to support internal drug discovery efforts. Other expectations include the suggestion of new analogues, working closely with computational chemists and overcoming synthetic challenges. The preferred candidate will be capable of balancing lab productivity with other project team activities while deepening their knowledge of relevant biology and the Vividion chemoproteomics platform.
Minimum education and experience requirements include:
- BS with 1-5 years (or MS with 1-3 years) of synthetic organic chemistry experience in industry or graduate-level academic lab; biotech/pharma experience preferred
- Strong working experience with modern enabling technologies in organic synthesis, purification, and spectroscopic interpretation
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficient in exploring and interpreting SAR relevant to drug discovery programs
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities including devoting time and energy to building up internal infrastructure as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual input expected at all levels
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job RAMC2018.09.21 to email@example.com. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.