NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
- Manages the contracting process from cradle to grave
- Drafts and negotiates a wide variety of agreements including, but not limited to, CDAs, Consulting Services Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, CRO Services, General Master Service Agreements, Laboratory Master Service Agreements, as well as Work Orders and Amendments thereof.
- Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and the external party, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Develop strong working relationships with functional groups and project teams.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Reviews, analyzes and tracks in-process and on-going agreements.
- Reports the status of contracts to internal clients using established processes.
- Understand and work efficiently as a System Administrator in NGM’s on premise contracts database
- May provide training to company employees regarding the Contract Management process and the contracts database.
- Special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience; paralegal certificate a plus.
- 10 years’ experience in the legal or contracts management field (preferably in-house biotech or pharmaceutical. Combination of education/experience acceptable).
- Prior autonomous contract drafting and negotiation experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional phone manner. Able to work effectively and efficiently with all levels of management and personnel.
- Able to comprehend and manage business contracts and other complex documents.
- Able to handle multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and good judgment.
- Conscientious hard worker, self-motivating and a self-starter.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility and enthusiasm is a must.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"