Principal Scientist/Associate Director - Preclinical Pharmacokinetics
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
• Design, plan, monitor and conduct preclinical pharmacokinetic studies to support drug candidate nomination and early preclinical drug development activities in-house and at contract research organizations
• Interpret preclinical pharmacokinetic data to inform the design of preclinical pharmacology and GLP toxicology studies
• Interpret preclinical pharmacokinetic data to inform human dose projections. Conduct or be accountable for PKPD modeling activities to estimate efficacious dose and exposure range in humans
• Serve on research project teams as preclinical pharmacokinetics representative
• Manage outsourcing of bioanalytical assay development for preclinical toxicology studies
• Draft pharmacokinetic and bioanalytical sections of regulatory documents
• PhD degree in pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, or related discipline
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry in the area of preclinical drug discover and/or development
• Experience in the conduct, analysis and interpretation of in vivo preclinical pharmacokinetic studies
• Experience with large molecule (proteins and monoclonal antibody) pharmacokinetics and drug development
• Experience with PKPD model development and human dose projections preferred
• Must be detail oriented with strong documentation and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a matrix environment and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to efficiently relay information to project teams and other key stakeholders
• Strong research background and interest in understanding PK data in the context of complex biology
• Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"