Business Development Specialist
inThought Research is a growing healthcare consulting firm providing strategic decision support to leading Pharmaceutical and Biopharma companies and institutional investors.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development Executive with proven sales, client management, and team management skills who is energized by solving complex business problems for leading Life Science organizations. Combining strategy consulting expertise with knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry, this person will be responsible for leading engagements to develop insights and recommendations that address our pharma clients’ most critical issues. In addition, this individual will play a lead role in growth by initiating and executing business development initiatives to secure new business.
This position offers a unique entrepreneurial opportunity for a candidate who has been part of a team with demonstrated success in winning and advising new clients and has a deep understanding of the market and business issues that impact the pharmaceutical industry.
inThought’s results-driven environment offers unparalleled personal and professional growth opportunities for high-performers who acquire and develop a strong client base.
This is a remote based position.
- Support the growth of our company by executing a systematic approach to business development that wins new clients and supports the growth of current core clients
- Support engagement delivery in the specific solution area of commercial due diligence
- Cultivate and manage senior level client relationships
- Manage and provide strategic input in client deliverables and client meetings
- Support development of intellectual capital to emphasize inThought’s unique value proposition in the marketplace
- Develop, and execute upon, practice plan to drive growth goals
- Provide thought leadership and innovation to inThought’s clients while working with internal team of therapeutic area experts
- Leverage institutional knowledge, subject-matter expertise and broad business acumen to drive superior project outcomes
- Manage profitability at the project and practice level
- 7-10 years of consulting experience; at least 5 years at a top strategy consulting firm, with a focus on addressing commercial Healthcare strategy
- MBA or other advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD) in a Life Science field preferred
- An established and strong network within the Healthcare sector
- Executive-level presence and communication
- Strong conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- High level of self-motivation and energy, including ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Confidence, maturity and poise, as well as positive attitude
- Creative, tactical thinking while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks (BD, client management, project management, team management,)