Vivarium Supervisor, In Vivo Pharmacology
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City with lab space in South San Francisco, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
Summary of position:
Atreca’s IRC technology identifies anti-tumor human antibodies in a highly accurate and precise fashion. We are applying this technology to elucidate and characterize antibodies with potent anti-tumor activity in mouse tumor models. This position offers a unique opportunity to participate in the discovery, validation and characterization of patient derived antibodies. The qualified candidate will be proficient in vivo models for immune-oncology research and have extensive experience in preclinical setting. He/She will manage the daily operation (except vivarium husbandry) of an existing medium size animal facility, facilitating the execution of mouse studies, coordinating the work of research associates, in close collaboration with scientists in various multidisciplinary teams. The professional will be responsible for maintaining current IACUC protocols and proposing future protocol amendments. The candidate will also manage external vendors and contracts, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and will keep track of periodic equipment maintenance and calibration. Importantly, the candidate will be responsible for the high quality of data produced in these studies, consistent with current established protocols and SOPs. Job title/compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of employee tasks
- Management of daily operation of a animal facility
- Execution of multiple efficacy studies testing various therapeutic agents and combination regimens in mouse tumor models
- Training and mentoring of new employees.
- Establish and validate new animal models
- Perform relevant procedures on tumor induction, drug administration, general necropsy and tissue sample collection
- Manage the tissue sample inventory and coordinate usage of these resources with in vitro pharmacology and histology teams
- Excellent skills in problem solving and attention to detail, resulting in excellent quality of work; tracking and correction of study deviations.
- Prepare animal protocols and annual reports for IACUC revision
- Manage software designed to run animal studies
- Analyze experimental data, summarize and present research findings to colleagues and various scientific audiences
- Coordinate activities with functional and project team members, interface cross-functionally with other departments
- PhD with postdoctoral experience in Cancer Biology or related field is highly desirable. All candidates with extensive management experience (regardless of degree) are encouraged to apply
- 5 years of experience in preclinical testing anti-tumor drug candidates in mouse models. Experience in industry is preferred
- Hands-on experience with tumor cell inoculation, animal dosing, tissue collection, tumor measurements and data recording required
- Established experience in providing management, training and mentoring to research associates in all required animal research procedures required
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work independently and in highly organized fashion
- Experience writing experimental animal protocols and implementing new techniques
- Proficiency in animal welfare and overall knowledge of federal guidelines for animal care and use
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.