Research Scientist – Immuno-Oncology (Job Code: 918-ARS03)
ACEA Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong background in cancer biology, immunology and assay development for our Research Scientist – Immuno-Oncology position. The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment to use ACEA’s RTCA and Flow Cytometry instruments to develop in vitro potency assays for various immunotherapy applications including CART, BiTE, NK, Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors and ADCC.
- Conceive and conduct functional cell-based potency assays which demonstrate the capabilities of ACEA’s xCELLigence, NovoCyte and Quanteon instruments in diverse contexts
- Develop immunotherapy assays for R&D, manufacturing and personalized medicine
- Preparation and presentation of results within internal and external meetings and conferences
- Writing manuscripts and application notes
- Work cross-functionally with commercial team, business development team, marketing team and global support team to understand the specific needs and gaps in current approaches to potency assay development in R&D and manufacturing setting and come up with optimal solutions
- PhD degree in immunology and or cancer biology (or a related discipline) with 2-3 years of post-doctoral work and at least 3 years of industry experience
- Competency in mammalian tissue culture and cell-based assays
- Competency in molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, cloning, viral-mediated transduction and generation of engineered cells
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within multidisciplinary team
- Ability to advance multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter, willing to teach yourself new areas of biology and continuously expand your skill set
ACEA offers a professional, collaborative, creative and supportive environment with a competitive compensation package to include: health, dental, vision, 401k plan and much more. For more information on this and other open positions, please visit our website at www.aceabio.com.
Interested candidates meeting the qualifications please submit your cover letter and resume.
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified candidates are considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V