Associate Scientist, Molecular Pathology
The Preclinical Development group at Wave Life Sciences is looking for a highly motivated BS/MS level scientist to join the Pathology team in Lexington, MA. The candidate will work closely internally with Toxicology, Biomarkers and Bioanalytical, In Vivo Pharmacology, Chemistry, Biology teams and with external CROs to support in vivo studies and biomarker analyses. The candidate should possess an in-depth and hands-on experience in molecular pathology assays (RNA/DNA ISH, IHC, Immunofluorescence etc) in cells and tissues. Previous experience with oligonucleotides is a plus
- Hands on work on developing, optimizing and validating new assays in immunohistochemistry, in-situ hybridization, immunofluorescence, multiplex staining etc in tissues or cells
- Histology procedures including formalin fixed tissue trimming, tissue processing and embedding, paraffin block and frozen tissue sectioning, H&E, special stains and biomarker staining
- Routine maintenance of molecular pathology lab equipment
- Working in close collaboration with Biomarkers and Bioanalytical, Biology and In Vivo Pharmacology groups for project specific requirements.
- Analyze and present data to project teams and higher-level management
Education / Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in scientific, healthcare, or related field required; HT certification a plus
- 3- 5 years of experience in molecular pathology preferably in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Experience with ELISA, cell culture and other cell biology techniques a plus
- Proven ability to evaluate new technologies and platforms
- Excellent project management skills required, including strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem-solving talents.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.