Medical Communications Manager/Sr. Manager
MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER/SR. MANAGER
The Medical Communications Manager/Sr. Manager will be reporting to the Senior Director, Medical Communications. This role will be located in the company headquarters in Boston, MA (US). This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Medical Writer or similar to work on a small, global team where he/she can make an impact and broaden their expertise in Medical Affairs. This role offers an unparalleled opportunity for exposure to multiple drug launches in multiple countries, in the rare disease space. As part of the medical affairs team, this role will have a real and timely impact on the education of therapies with the potential to transform patients’ lives.
Under the guidance of the Senior Director, Medical Communications, the successful candidate will:
- Compliantly manage the implementation and tactical execution of individual publications (manuscripts, abstracts, presentations) per the Publication Plan
- Create and manage the tactical execution of materials for field medical personnel per the Medical Communications Plan
- Development of content for presentation at global scientific meetings (e.g. symposia)
- Assistance with conference coverage and scheduling, including identification of important presentations
- Manage the company-wide medical library and acquisition of articles for the library
- Perform regular literature surveillance, inform appropriate individuals about general literature of interest, and create detailed alerts upon identification of high interest new literature in a timely manner
- Administer regular medical, legal, regulatory approval meetings for externally-facing medical material
- Assist in the development and maintenance of departmental processes, policies, SOPs, and associated documents
- Support medical affairs initiatives as needed and perform other related duties as required by position
- Some travel may be required (<10% overall time)
- M.S. or higher degree in a scientific discipline preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Medical Communications at the pharmaceutical or agency level, ideally with some focus on Medical Writing and Publication Planning
- Working knowledge and understanding of Good Publication Practices
- Exposure to a global cross-functional team environment
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail; and ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment and to interact efficiently with Key Opinion Leaders and Health Care Professionals
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs, including an annual bonus and a stock option plan. Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits program, including: medical, dental and vision care; paid vacation and holiday time; and access to a voluntary 401(k) with company match. Orchard Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this role, or for further information, please email HR@orchard-tx.com
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.