Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary / Purpose:
The Project Manager is a role within the Global Project Management Office that supports Global Development Operations by ensuring all program goals and development deliverables are met throughout the lifecycle of each product. The Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager is accountable for driving cross-functional planning and effective study execution , enabling financial and portfolio analyses, accurate reporting and ensuring alignment with the overall company strategy.
Key Accountabilities / Core Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Clinical Operations Leaders to assist in all aspects of initiating, planning, executing and reporting of program strategy and clinical study activities.
- Partner with Clinical Study Managers and SMTs (Study Management Teams) to monitor progress against the plan and against established metrics, track and document timeline variances and accurately report on historical and upcoming deliverables.
- Drive timelines and financial delivery accountability and transparency by managing a monthly change control process.
- Ensure accurate communication and reporting of information on clinical study status, changes, and issues to team members, internal and external stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Manage optimization, delivery and accuracy of monthly Key Milestones Reports and GPMO automated dashboards.
- Ensure GPMO and DLT (Development Leadership Team) decisions are clearly communicated, implemented, documented and archived.
- Identify, recommend, and manage the implementation of process and other improvements; whether pertinent to departmental and/or corporate.
- Support Project Management department as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Advanced degree in science (e.g. MS, PhD, MBA) and/or direct clinical study management experience is desired.
- 4 or more years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with 2 years direct project management in drug development for the Project Manager position (clinical study management experience a plus).
- 6 or more years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with 4 years direct project management in drug development for the Sr. Project Manager position (clinical study management experience a plus).
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools, and methodology. Experience with MSP and/or CA PPM a plus.
- Outstanding knowledge of overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical/biotech organizations.
- Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project budgets and product valuations and an understanding of portfolio management concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way.
- Demonstrate ability to translate strategy into action; Strong influence, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgment.
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated.
- Proven experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources.
- Working knowledge/understanding of best-practice alliance/collaboration management principles and concepts, techniques and tools.
- PMP certification a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled