Research Associate - Sr. Research Associate – FACS (Temporary to FTE)
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented individual who is able to work independently and proactively to generate high-quality data in a fast-paced environment. In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his skills in flow cytometry and immunology to develop methods to enrich for B and T cell populations and to sort cells into microplates. The candidate’s past experience with high-throughput cell sorting and immune cell biology will help us implement our novel technology and discover key drivers of effective immune responses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Routine fluorescence-labeling and sorting of immune cells into microplates for single cell sequencing
- PBMC isolation from peripheral blood
- Troubleshooting and devising alternative strategies when necessary
- Supporting all FACS/Cell Biology needs of the team
- Following laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- BS/BA or MS degree in immunology, cell biology or related discipline
- Highly preferred: Candidates with experience involving direct usage of FACS sorters to isolate cells will be considered first. Title will commensurate with experience.
- Flow Cytometry or PBMC isolation experience a plus
- Experience with the FACSAria, FACSJazz or Influx a plus
- Experience with single-cell sorting into microplates a plus
- Experience with MACS enrichment a plus
- Experience with primary cell cultures and cell-based assays is a plus
- Experience with B or T cells a plus
- Experience with tumor immunology a plus
- Experience in BSL 2 environments a plus
- Conscientious and excellent bench skills
- Excellent technical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving capability
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and recordkeeping skills
- Self-motivated; possess a strong sense of urgency to drive a project to completion and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Candidate must be flexible and have the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.