Marketing Manager II - Rheumatology Consumer Marketing
The Marketing Manager II works in concert with the Senior Marketing Manager and brand team to develop and execute strategic and tactical marketing plans which drive key consumer marketing business initiatives. This person is responsible for managing cross-functional teams in the development of advertising and promotion tactics and execution. This position requires the individual to foster positive working relationships to partner collaboratively with internal and external partners to execute plans.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drive and participate in business and marketing plans and process. Leverage core marketing capabilities in the creation and refinement of marketing plans.
- Lead development and manage execution of DTC tactics to drive brand awareness, disease awareness, acquisition, and conversion initiatives through a variety of channels including: CRM, direct marketing, in-office, print, with a strong emphasis in digital communications.
- Understand and leverage trends in the marketplace impacting Consumer Marketing using data driven strategic insights to apply on an on-going basis to the marketing plan.
- Utilize various research methods (e.g., market surveys, focus groups, consumer interviews) to provide effective brand positioning and key points of differentiation into the marketplace.
- Direct and manage projects including execution of marketing plans, initiatives and tasks. D eliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets deadlines). Ensure that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed. Must be adept at navigating the Medical and Regulatory process.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies through campaign measurement and metrics development to ensure positive return on investment and achievement of brand objectives.
- Assist in the management of the scope, direction, and terms of the agency relationship and aid in oversight of all aspects of agency relations.
- Track and manage the Consumer Marketing Budget while collaborating with the team to utilize resources effectively and efficiently
- Exhibits the AbbVie Ways of Working, including "All for One AbbVie" and "Make Possibilities Real"
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field equivalent.
- 4-6+ years of relevant work experience in marketing
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical or CPG marketing
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, and an exceptional ability to work cross functionally with internal and external agency partners to achieve marketing goals ; ability to lead without authority
- Proficiency in core marketing capabilities such as creative development, value proposition, positioning, segmentation, investment optimization, etc.
- Excellent project management capabilities, good analytical and conceptual abilities, self-starter initiative and team orientation.
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Must have attention to detail, execution, and follow-through
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Experience in a new product launch
- Experience in pharmaceutical marketing
- Multiple experiences within commercial (Brand, Managed Health Care, Sales)
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, database agencies and internal cross functional partners.
- DTC mass media (TV, Print, Web/Digital) experience
- CRM experience including Direct mail and e-mail
- Understanding of social media platforms and their application
- Ability to work with all levels in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to influence senior management