Senior Research Associate I/II (SRA)
The SRA will be a key member of the multifunctional team responsible for technical and scientific expertise for human cell product, process, and assay development and improvement at AllCells. The SRA will be responsible for executing internal and external customer projects related to human hematopoietic and immunological primary cell isolation, culture, and characterization. Projects will include, but not limited to, documenting current manufacturing processes, assessing, and improving cell isolation yield and efficiency, assessing interim and final product quality, troubleshooting non-conforming products, evaluating new cell processing technology, and other projects as assigned. He/she should be proficient in primary hematopoietic and immune cell isolation and culture, flow cytometry, and related cell-based assays including but not limited to ELISA, in vitro stimulation or differentiation, and CFU assays.. He/she should be able to independently develop techniques and train other laboratory members. He/she should be able to analyze data and clearly communicate scientific rationale, methodology, and results in written and oral formats.
- Design, manage timelines, and execute multiple studies for primary cell processing, product characterization, and assay development projects.
- Accurately document, analyze, and interpret results from cell-based assays such as, but not limited to, flow cytometry, functional assays (e.g., cytokine production, activation, differentiation, MLR, CFU, etc.), multiplexed assays, and viability readouts.
- Communicate results clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical internal audiences.
- Write SOPs, Technical Reports and other documents as required.
- Provide technical support to customers working with primary cells.
- Shares responsibility for general lab management duties including routine lab cleaning and equipment maintenance.
- Comply with all company laboratory safety procedures and policies.
- BS and 3-5 years relevant industry laboratory experience or MS and 1-2 years relevant industry laboratory experience.
- Experience with handling primary hematopoietic tissues (bone marrow, whole blood, apheresis collections, etc.)
- Experience with tissue processing and enrichment procedures for cell populations.
- Familiarity with flow cytometric assays and data analysis software.
- Previous experience working in teams.
- Time management and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in scientific and business computer applications such as, but not limited to, FlowJo, MS Word, MS Excel, Google apps and/or equivalent applications.