Research Associate, Analytical and Formulations Development
Ambrx, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics. Ambrx is based on a fundamental advance in protein biosynthesis that enables the company to genetically engineer proteins with new amino acid building blocks beyond the common twenty, enabling the biosynthesis of proteins with new physical, chemical and pharmacological properties. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create the next generation of protein-based medicines.
- Take ownership of analytical method development for complex protein biomolecules (including E. coli, yeast, CHO derived proteins/antibodies and ADC) and related impurities conducting the preliminary qualification of these test methods for protein therapeutic candidates in pre-clinical and early-phase clinical development.
- Characterize proteins and impurities utilizing conventional and specialty analytical techniques to understand degradation pathways and improve protein stability
- Write standard test methods, qualification protocols and reports.
- Summarize, interpret, and critically evaluate analytical data. Present results at Group/Team meetings.
- Provide analytical support for upstream, downstream and conjugation process development activities.
- Present analytical/stability data to cross functional project teams, coordinate resources within the analytical group to meet project goals and timelines.
- Proactively identify potential problems or opportunities in the context of project teams to facilitate advancement of product candidates.
- B.S in biophysics, biochemistry or related field with 4+ yrs industrial experience in protein analytical development or MS degree with +1 yrs experience. The job title and compensation will be determined based on experience and knowledge of a candidate.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of physicochemical characterization techniques (including but not limited to): HPLC (SEC, RP,ICX), mass spectrometry (intact mass, peptide mapping), CE-SDS, CE-SDS, DSC, SEC-MALS
- Knowledge and experience in developing and applying new technologies for complex protein molecules, excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
- Experience with formulation development is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work across scientific disciplines.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE