Senior Project Engineer
A professional Project Manager with a back ground in the design, construction, relocation and operation of biopharmaceutical research laboratories, vivarium, cGMP manufacturing and corporate offices. Ability to work with little or no supervision, applies project management knowledge, engineering knowledge and ingenuity to complete small ($100,000 +) to large size projects ($100,000,000 +) from concept thru project closure within or across disciplines.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsibilities of this project manager grade level inherently include and expand upon the responsibilities established for lower project manager grade levels.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Ensures quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Has full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes to established processes. Mitigates risk within functions through sound design, early risk assessments and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Develops plans, coordinates and directs all aspects of projects of major scope and importance. Manages multiple, often concurrent projects and meets expectations. Understands the business needs and has a thorough knowledge of the customer when developing a project scope.
- Incorporates business foresight of emerging technological trends. Leads development of Project Charter and documents the initial requirements that satisfy the stakeholder's needs and expectations. Establishes project objectives and technical criteria for evaluating project results and activities of the project team.
- Uses established PM tools and techniques (Front End Planning, Cash Flow Projections, Scope / Schedule Control, Monthly Reports etc.) to stay within authorized budget limits and achieve the overall project and organizational objectives. Contributes to the development of project management best practices. Directs and manages Project Execution by performing the work defined in the project plan to achieve project objectives.
- Defines roles and responsibilities. Monitors and controls project work to meet the performance objectives defined in the project plan. Focuses on cost and milestone achievement to optimize resource utilization. Reviews change requests, manages and approves changes to the deliverables, organizational process assets, project documents, and the project plan.
- Closes the project by finalizing all activities across all the Project Management Process Groups to formally complete the project or phase. Directs others in the execution of: the design of products / processes /equipment / systems / facilities by applying engineering methods, concepts and techniques. Ensures the project design complies with all engineering standards, project objectives and customer needs. Conceptualizes complete solutions.
- Creates or coordinates the solutions for complex problems; integrates regulatory and operational needs; performs cost / benefit analysis. Explores multiple alternatives. Seeks input from cross functional teams in resolving major project hurdles. Resolves problems and crisis situations requiring fast, astute decisions with rapid implementation by utilizing technical training and /or e experience.
- Mentors others by sharing knowledge and expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Establishes relationships and good communication channels with customers; documents agreements and commitments. Acts as a trusted advisor. Balances bottom line objectives of a project with the long term interest of customer.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, Project Management, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 8+ years of significant Construction Project Management and/or operational experience. Advanced degree, finance major or MBA desirable.
- Has a career history marked by a consistent series of technical contributions and accomplishments. Significant contribution to product or process development or improvement through creative application of technical effort will equally be recognized.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills working with diverse cross functional teams. Proven ability to maintain strong working relationships internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other colleagues, vendors and trades in a collaborative, fast paced goal driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
- Formal Project Management training (preferred)