Associate Scientist, Target Validation, Oncology
bluebird bio's Cellular Immunotherapy team is currently seeking a highly motived and driven Associate Scientist to join our target validation group. The new Associate Scientist will help evaluate novel molecular targets for clinical applications using a wide variety of molecular and protein detection assays. If you want to explore innovative and novel targets while combining curiosity and technical excellence in the lab to directly impacts patients, then this position is for you!
About the job:
About the job:
- Work in a cross-functional team focused on validating novel targets for T Cell immunotherapies
- Develop mRNA and protein detection assays for characterizing expression and localization of markers in cell lines and primary tissues
- Mammalian cell tissue culture including a wide diversity of tumor cell lines and human primary cells.
- Engineer stably-expressing target cell lines and knock-out lines
- Design experimental plans, interpret scientific results, summarize and present data and report progress to the team.
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- BS/MS cell biology, molecular biology, immunology or related discipline with 2+ years of experience. Cancer immunology a plus.
- Experience with mRNA (qRT-PCR, Nanostring, bDNA or other) and protein detection assays (western blot and FACS) are required.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is necessary. Experience with the culture of human T lymphocytes is a plus.
- Effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team comprised of multiple functional groups
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Superb organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- "Do-what-it-takes" attitude
- Bring curiosity and technical excellence to science that directly impacts patients
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: be colorful, b cooperative, b yourself