Research Associate Biologist
Fox Chase Chemical Diversity Center, Inc., (FCCDC) is an emerging biotechnology company located in Doylestown, PA whose mission is to advance scientific discoveries by providing value-added early drug discovery and medicinal chemistry research support for the translation of viable preclinical drug and diagnostic candidates into human clinical trials. We bring a unique and highly experienced team of internal scientists and collaborative external partners in order to leverage cutting edge scientific advances. The staff at FCCDC has over 220 years of drug discovery experience, drawing from a diverse background of pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated candidate to join our Research Team focused on the discovery and development of topical and systemic anti-fungal agents for therapeutic applications. The successful candidate will conduct susceptibility, drug synergy, killing kinetic and resistance assays as an integral member of a project team comprised of medicinal chemists, microbiologists, cell biologists and pharmacologists. Additional projects will involve Elisa, western blot, protein binding and alpha screen assays. A full time position is available.
- Conduct anti-fungal assays under standard CLSI and Biosafety Level 2 conditions
- Maintain a safe and contained research environment at all times
- Work independently on project goals with minimal guidance from the supervisor
- Show initiative in the design and conduct of experimental protocols
- Make detailed observations, interpret results and analyze data using standard statistical methodologies
- Skilled in the use of Excel, PRISM Graphpad and database software
- Accurately and thoroughly document research results in a laboratory notebook
- Clearly communicate research results directly to supervisor and other team members
- Prepare concise and clear data presentations for routine team meetings
- BS/MS degree in a biology-related field
- At least 2 years experience in anti-microbial or biochemical research
FCCDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.