Director, Federal Markets
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
DIRECTOR, FEDERAL MARKETS
The Director, Federal Markets will be responsible for federal customer segments including the VHA, DoD MTFs, DHA, DLA, and Tricare. The responsibilities include leadership and management of a Federal Account Executive team. This individual is responsible for developing all strategies and tactics within each of the federal customer segments accounts as well directing the Federal Account Executives in their support of field sales when appropriate. Thus, an overall knowledge of Federal Markets, Policies, and first-hand account experience is required. They should be familiar with, able to discuss, and train others to present approved value propositions, pharmacoeconomic models, and relevant topics for an oral oncolytic medicine. This individual will need to operate with multiple internal stakeholders including Legal/Regulatory, Medical Affairs, HECOR, Marketing, Commercial Training and Sales colleagues.
- Assist the Head of Market Access with formulating strategy, tactics, business plans, and presentations to senior management.
- Responsible for relationships with the VA PBM, VA Central Office, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), DoD MTFs , and Defense Health Agency (DHA).
- Direct and support FAEs to ensure federal account access for on-label product specific discussions.
- Provide direction and support of FAE responsibility for VISN level Executives and all Formulary Leadership members to ensure appropriate coverage and access for all company products and indications.
- Coordinate product VA CFU activity and help resolve any access issues.
- Work with team to uncover any opportunities within federal accounts.
- Be willing to take on special projects that will help facilitate access for company portfolio.
- Cover all accounts within geography. This may involve travel outside of geography for conferences.
- Actively participate in strategy execution meetings with sales and marketing leadership to uncover business opportunities.
- Actively use company databases to monitor access and develop appropriate strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university. Preferred to have MBA, Advanced degrees, certifications
- 10 years of biotech/pharma experience, 2+ of which must have been responsible for federal accounts as a full-time dedicated Federal Account Executive or Federal Account Manager
- Be a content expert within the Federal Market Space. This should specifically include knowledge of the VA, DoD, and their respective policies.
- Creative thinker - able to identify, develop, and execute sound strategies.
- Ability to analyze and create custom reports. Ability to explain these reports to others including those without direct Federal Markets experience.
- Competent with PowerPoint, excel, word, etc.
- Must be able to hit deadlines, stay organized, and be self-sufficient.
- Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Up to 75% travel.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
- In addition to passing Pharmacyclic's background screening, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include but are not limited to background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug screening)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled