Associate Director, Patient Marketing
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Associate Director, Patient Marketing
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The Associate Director, Patient Marketing will primarily focus on developing and implementing strategies for supporting current patients during their treatment journey. This will include optimizing our current patient support programs as well as identifying and implementing additional tactics focused on patient adherence. This individual will be responsible for the communication strategy and management of several patient tactics including You&I (patient support program), online and mobile apps designed for medication adherence, patient content on branded and unbranded websites, digital and social media, and printed materials such as the product Patient Starter Kit.
The Associate Director, Patient Marketing reports into the Director of Digital and Patient Marketing and sits within the brand marketing team. The chosen candidate will have significant interaction with the US commercial teams, including Market Access and sales and marketing leadership. This individual must ensure that patient initiatives are well aligned to the broader business needs and specific indication strategies as well as integrated, as appropriate across indications.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Drive strategy and implementation of patient education and marketing tools and patient support programs that support the overall US business strategy.
- Partner with the Brand Indication Teams to create the Brand Overall Patient Marketing Plan Programs and Materials
- Partner with the Market Access team to optimize overall patient support program operations
- Ensure the Patient Marketing plan is integrated and coordinated with the indication specific plans across indications and throughout the patient journey
- Recommend Patient Strategies for the Annual Marketing Plan for each indication
- Recommend Tactics and Manage the content development strategy
- Recommend and Manage the content development of any assigned branded or unbranded program
- Create and coordinate the production and development of Patient Marketing materials by partnering with Indication Teams and agencies
- Direct the day-today activities and status meetings and daily activities of the partner agencies assigned to support Brand activities
- Direct the Patient Marketing activities with our Brand Management to continuously understand and contribute to Brand objectives
- Make recommendations to Brand Management on new tools and strategies to adopt
- Utilize analytics to optimize programs and measure performance
- Research competitive programming and keep the organization well informed of initiatives
- Educate other functions and teammates in the organization on patient marketing and patient support tactics
- Lead projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process
- Coordinate the work of multiple external vendors and internal departments including marketing, market research, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, segment marketing, corporate compliance, consumer marketing and IT
- Manage program budgets and develop metrics to ensure success of the programs
- Must have either BA/BS, MS, etc (preferably in Marketing, Pharmacology, Biology, etc.) An advanced science or business degree such as a PharmD, PhD or MBA is preferred
- 7+ years of life sciences marketing experience with strategic and tactile ownership of a broad range of programs including: consumer marketing, disease state education, and patient support programs
- Strong experience in consumer marketing with well-known brands
- Fluency in patient marketing across platforms and tactics
- Deep experience in building valuable brands and managing every phase of the patient journey
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities. Ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers, clinical & sales partners.
- High-level strategic thinking with the ability to concisely translate complex scientific topics to the appropriate level for patients
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners and agency partners
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to assess risks and benefits to make timely, sound decisions with various levels of information, and accept responsibly for meeting and/ or exceeding objectives
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled