Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The Forecasting Manager will be responsible for leading ongoing enhancement, maintenance, and production of patient based demand forecast for launched and future indications to support brand commercial planning efforts. Leading effort to enhance data/information gathering, forecast analysis, scenario enhancements, validation, and other related/relevant tasks. Collaborating with functional department leads to design, implement, and execute core patient based demand forecast processes with an emphasis on business partnering and customer service. Strong commercial forecasting and business acumen.
· Forecasting: responsible for leveraging primary and secondary research insights and team inputs to enhance insights and forecast and run accurate, actionable, and evidenced based forecasting models while validating results and insights. The forecaster will also produce analogues, help formulate assumptions, identify information/knowledge gap and data needs with the forecast. Identify enhancements and/or execute enhancements to forecast model and inputs
· Demand Management: collaborate closely with marketing peers/commercial teams across similar-to-different disease areas to develop patient-flow based demand forecasts and input assumptions. Work with FP&A team to convert unit demand forecast into revenue forecast.
· Sales Goal Setting and Performance Tracking: work with Sales analytics team to set field force sales targets. Provide forecast input and observations to marketing and analytics teams for performance tracking purposes.
· Adhocs/Scenarios/Tracking : Own semi-complex to complex ad-hocs on demand tracking vs forecast and create clear deliverables for business leads. Run scenario modelling for various forecast scenarios. Provide monthly tracking metrics for demand actuals vs forecast
· Bachelors Degree. MS or other related graduate-level degree is a plus
· 7+ years of work experience in forecasting, marketing sciences, strategic consulting or other analytical work in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industries
· Experience with patient flow forecasting, time series forecasting, regression models, simulation and other quantitative forecasting methodologies
· Ability to build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Strong collaborative bent with proven success working in matrixed, cross-functional teams
· Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience and/or business analytics experience
· Previous experience in oncology is required and experience specifically in hematology is a plus
· Knowledge of various secondary and primary data in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry (IMS, Claims, SHA etc)
· Extensive proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Knowledge with statistics/forecasting software (e.g., SAS, Forecast Pro, customized platforms) is a plus
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) required along with excellent project/process management skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled