STEM Professionals: Transition to Become a CA Teacher!
Are you a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) professional who wants to inspire the next generation of students by transitioning to teaching as a second career?
The EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellowship is a rigorous on-ramp to a teaching career in a high-needs California middle or high school. The EnCorps Fellowship is a convenient, guided, and seamless pathway to becoming a teacher designed exclusively for STEM industry professionals. The Fellowship is unpaid but all program services are provided free of charge to all Fellows.
EnCorps is looking for passionate and driven STEM professionals who want to make a difference in public education who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- 3+ years of science, technology, engineering or math industry or research experience
- (Substitute teaching and tutoring do not quality for STEM work or research experience.)
- Possess at least a bachelor's degree with a GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Live in an area we serve (Bay Area, Greater Sacramento Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Orange County, San Diego)
- Fully eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa)
Applicants do NOT need prior experience in education to apply and cannot currently hold a California single-subject teaching credential.
Apply online at http://encorps.org/apply by our FALL DEADLINE: November 16, 2018
Benefits of an EnCorps Fellowship:
- Train to teach by volunteering 2-5 hours per week in a local classroom as a guest teacher
- Receive mentorship and coaching from EnCorps staff and an experienced host teacher
- Complete teaching exams (CBEST and CSET) with support from EnCorps
- Enter a teaching credential program of your choice, with guidance from EnCorps
- Engage in a robust slate of professional development and collaborate with a cohort of peers
- Teach in a school district or charter network
Find out more: