AWS HPC DevOps Engineer
The AWS HPC DevOps Engineer will bring in the expertise required to help implement continuous development/integration/testing through automation for the AWS center of excellence and HPC area. You will collaborate with demand, release and QA management leads to automate where possible. The position is part of a team that is responsible for application and infrastructure architecture that will be transforming our way of delivery. You will also be involved in selecting the best tools and practices to use for continuous delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Will be responsible for implementing the DevOps Strategy for a growing AWS portfolio of applications as well as HPC.
- Work with Software Engineers as software is promoted from one environment to the next.
- Responsible for making sure our strategies and implementations are in line with Enterprise DevOps practices.
- Facilitating and providing support for integration with supporting tools outside the continuous delivery workflows such as change management.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems using analytical problem solving methods/techniques and associated tools/devices.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into DevOps workflows.
- Contribute to advancement of own function by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing equipment.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Accountable for total project scope, completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
- Provides technical leadership and mentors and consults with less experienced staff in in planning, methods, procedures, standards and best practices.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with AbbVie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 2 years of experience in DevOps.
- Proven experience deploying custom code and configurations across a HPC platform.
- Experience with Continuous integration, Build, Test and Deployment of incremental changes to systems.
- Experience with enterprise-level integrations involving business-critical systems
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent writing skills with ability to express strategy, technical knowledge and processes in an easily understood presentation
- Experience with GXP systems desired
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled