Research Associate/Associate Scientist
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
The company is seeking to recruit a Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our immunology research group. This is an opportunity to participate in the development of novel antibody therapeutics for the treatment of allergic, inflammatory, and proliferative diseases. The candidate will be joining an experienced research team that is responsible for the development of our lead antibody program. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience. Candidates with equivalent combination of academic achievements and industry experience will be considered
- In-depth knowledge of cell biology or immunology is preferred
- Hands-on expertise with mammalian cell lines and primary human or mouse cells
- Extensive experience with multi-color flow cytometry (FACS)
- Excellent organization and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-based environment
- Design and execute in vitro/ex vivo cell and flow cytometry-based assays with primary cells from human tissues for mechanism of action studies
- Assist with biomarker development to support clinical studies
- Analyze data and present scientific findings at internal research meetings
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.