Postdoctoral Scientist - Müschen Laboratory | Immunology | Hematology | Cancer Biology
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Our group is interested in comparative analyses of normal lymphocyte development and malignant transformation towards leukemia. We cover research areas with relevance to both Immunology, Hematology and Cancer Biology. Our research involves experiments with primary human leukemia cells, leukemia and stem cell transplantation models, mouse genetics, classical molecular and cell biology, a strong emphasis on signal transduction and large-scale data analysis and computational biology.
Methods/Techniques Used: Flow cytometry, mass spectrometry/quantitative phospho-profiling, CyTOF, mouse genetics, bone marrow transplantation assays, retroviral gene delivery, whole exome sequencing andRNA-seq-analysis of clonal evolution of leukemia, pre-clinical drug testing in xenotransplantation models.
Examples of recent work:
- Duy C, Hurtz C, Shojaee S (…) BCL6 enables Ph+ acute lymphoblastic leukaemia cells to survive BCR-ABL1 kinase inhibition. 485: 384-388 (2012)
- Swaminathan S, Huang C, Geng H (…) . BACH2 mediates negative selection and p53-dependent tumor suppression at the pre-B cell receptor checkpoint. . 19: 1014-1022 (2013)
- Shojaee S, Caeser R, Buchner M (…) . Erk negative feedback control enables pre-B cell transformation and represents a therapeutic target in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 28:114-128 (2015)
- Geng H, Hurtz C, Lenz KB (…) . Self-enforcing feedback activation between BCL6 and pre-B cell receptor signaling defines a distinct subtype of acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 27: 409-425 (2015)
- Chen Z, Shojaee S, Buchner M (…) . Signaling thresholds and negative B-cell selection in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. . 521:357-361 (2015).
- Swaminathan S, Klemm L, (…) . Mechanisms of clonal evolution in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 16: 766-774 (2016)
- Shojaee S, Chan LN, Buchner B (…) . PTEN is essential for oncogenic transformation of pre-B cells. 22: 379-387 (2016)
- Chan LN, Chen Z, Braas D (…) . Metabolic gatekeeper function of B-lymphoid transcription factors. 542: 479-483 (2017)
Your application should include the following in one single PDF:
- CV, brief motivation statement, and coordinates of three scientific mentors (references).
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Ph.D. in cell or molecular biology or related field.
- Genuine enthusiasm for science, willingness to think beyond established concepts, and to try and learn new experimental and analysis tools.
- The lab takes a team science approach, so being a nice person and enjoyable to work with is important as well.