Provide technical expertise in creating and managing strategic scientific content.
- Spearhead the generation of high-quality scientific communication materials (white papers, case studies, presentations, posters and publications) in collaboration with our global scientific and commercial teams.
- Develop and manage a database of scientific and technical content
- Support/review outgoing communications containing scientific content for accuracy and strategic alignment.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to develop a publication strategy and tactical communication plan including a scientific communication platform.
- Proficiently master and apply product knowledge
- Address gaps in service capabilities and coordinate proof-of-concept/validation studies to ensure alignment with customer/market needs.
- Be responsive to a global client-base. As such, off-hours availability is occasionally required to conduct business during non-USA clients’ normal business hours.
- Periodically travel (domestic and international), to prospective or current client companies to present to, interact with, and advise personnel, attend relevant scientific meetings.
- Maintain current working knowledge of drug discovery and development processes
- Work closely with Marketing and Business Development in the preparation of business plans for specific lines of service, including overall strategic aims as well as tactical components of the sales and marketing plan.
- Contribute to growth initiatives, including development of new products and services, input to marketing plans and initiatives including website content and scientific marketing materials (e.g., white papers, symposia presentations, etc.).
- Provide perspective on portfolio management as it relates to operational alignment and coordination of individual service lines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in a life science discipline and/or a minimum of five years’ experience in scientific communications.
- Proven research publication record
- Experience in outsourcing of scientific experimentation, either as a client or provider
- Proven track record of delivering growth on new technologies.
- Specific background in inflammation or oncology research.
- Experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery