Scientific Researcher/Sr. Scientific Researcher, Immuno-Oncology focus
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Scientific Researcher/Sr. Scientific Researcher, Immuno-Oncology focus – Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology Department
We have an opening for a talented Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher to join our Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology Department within Genentech’s Research and Early Development (gRED) organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting biochemical and cellular characterization of protein therapeutics for immuno-oncology. More specifically, the individual will develop, validate and execute biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize and screen biologic therapeutics in vitro and ex vivo, to support lead-finding/optimization efforts.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic assays and quantitating biomarkers. In addition, the candidate will function as part of a multidisciplinary project team that will coordinate with Cancer Immunology, Antibody Engineering, Protein Chemistry, and Translational Oncology groups to advance lead molecules of the projects. The candidate will have the opportunity to present their work to project teams and senior management, and is expected to contribute to publications and present at scientific conferences.
Who You Are
- B.S. degree (M.S. degree preferred) in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field with 3 to 6+ years of relevant immunology/immuno-oncology and/or cell biology experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Practical experience in the design, development, validation and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize protein therapeutics
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell-based functional assays, ELISA assays, and culture of mammalian cell lines
- Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments, and also collaborate with project teams
- Record of publications that demonstrates expertise
- Excellent teamwork, communication, time management, and organizational skills
Additional desirable skills
- A strong foundation in immunology and hands-on expertise in cell assays to interrogate the function and activity of antibody and protein therapeutics for immuno-oncology
- Experience with T cell dependent bispecific antibodies
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation and culture, including dendritic cell differentiation
- Experience with microscopy and/or high content image analysis
- Experience with Luminex assays
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation
- Familiarity with the multi-disciplinary activities of antibody lead profiling
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.