Are you ready to join a vibrant team of highly skilled scientists? Our Lilly Biotechnology Center San Diego site is a phenomenal place to work. We are looking for an energetic scientist to join our Biologics Automation team working on the execution of high throughput molecular biology cloning projects.
- Schedule, plan and execute on high throughput molecular biology cloning protocols using automation equipment such as liquid handlers, high capacity colony pickers and DNA sequence analysis tools.
- Assist in performing DNA Sequencing reactions on the 3730XL DNA Analyzer.
- Perform RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis and PCR-based cloning from mammalian cells.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Relevant laboratory experience preferred
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. A company rich in heritage, Lilly employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide. By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
- Lilly earns consistent and wide recognition for creating an exceptional work environment:
- •Business Week magazine 50 Best Places To Launch A Career™
- •FORTUNE America’s Most Admired Companies™
- •FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities™
- •Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers™
- •Industry Week magazine 100 Best-Managed Companies™
- •Science magazine Best Companies for Scientists™
- High level of expertise in basic molecular biology techniques including PCR, restriction enzyme and recombination-based cloning, capillary electrophoresis.
- Well-versed in DNA sequence analysis tools
- Experience in the operation and scripting of high throughput liquid handlers (Biomeks, Tecan, or Hamilton)
- Excellent communication skills
- Work collaboratively with project teams on-site to achieve critical research objectives and timelines.
- Consistent and careful attention to detail