Scientist, Target Validation, Oncology
bluebird bio's Cellular Immunotherapy team is currently seeking a highly motived and driven Scientist to join our target validation group. The new Scientist will lead novel molecular target evaluation for clinical applications. If you want to explore innovative and novel targets while combining curiosity and technical excellence in the lab to directly impacts patients, then this position is for you!
About the job:
About the job:
- Work in a cross-functional team focused on validating novel targets for T cell immunotherapies
- Design and develop novel in vitro assays for characterizing target expression in normal and tumor tissues
- Mammalian cell culture including tumor cell lines and primary human cells including propagation of T cells
- Manage projects and coordinate research efforts both in the lab and from a strategic perspective
- Work collaboratively to design in vivo studies for target validation
- Effectively interface with other scientific groups to facilitate the success of projects
- Potential to lead a team of 1-2 research associates
- PhD in cancer biology, molecular biology, immunology or related discipline with 2-5+ years of experience. Previous management experience is a plus.
- Experience with mRNA (qRT-PCR, Nanostring, bDNA) and protein detection assay development (western blot and FACS) is required.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture is necessary. Experience with human T cell culture is a plus.
- Deep expertise in molecular biology and gene and protein expression
- Effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team comprised of multiple functional groups
- Superb organizational and communications, both written and oral, skills and "do-what-it-takes" attitude
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability
- Bring curiosity and technical excellence to science that directly impacts patients
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: be colorful, b cooperative, b yourself