Senior/Principal Scientist, Purification Process Development
Ambrx is a biopharmaceutical company enabling a new field of protein medicinal chemistry, using a fundamentally new technology that directs incorporation of amino acids beyond nature’s conserved set into biosynthetic proteins to produce high value biologics products.
We are seeking an independent, experienced and self-motivated senior level Scientist to be a key member of a dynamic fast-paced development organization. The successful candidate will work with a group of scientists and research associates to develop stage appropriate purification processes used for pre-clinical and clinical production of therapeutic proteins. This individual will independently design, execute, and document laboratory studies for purification process development. This individual will also participate in material production at various scales to support research, pre-clinical studies, and other functions. Additionally, this individual will play an active role in process technology transfer and supporting tox and clinical manufacturing at contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs). The successful candidate must be a goal-oriented team player with excellent troubleshooting and communication skills and adaptive to a time-line driven work environment.
- Ph.D in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or related field with 8+ yrs industry experience in developing purification processes to support research, pre-clinical and clinical stage programs. Experience in purification of antibody and/or antibody drug conjugate is highly preferred.
- Both hands-on experience and scientific knowledge in modern protein purification techniques (chromatography, clarification/filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, and conjugation) are required.
- Hands-on experience in programming and operating chromatography systems, TFF systems, as well as column packing and evaluation at various scales are also required.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in implementing basic analytical techniques (gel electrophoresis, HPLC and protein assays) for protein quantitation and characterization are required.
- Experience in purification process characterization, scale-up, technology transfer to CDMO, including drafting development reports, production batch records, protocols etc., to support clinical manufacturing is highly desired.
- Experience in process development and optimization using statistical tools (DOE and data analysis) is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills are essential.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE