Bio-Techne Reagent Representative
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-techne is an established Life Sciences tools leader in the industry that provides over 300,000 products to customers requiring consumable and instrument products. Our company is a leading manufacturing company providing customer solutions with several brands such as R&D Systems (the leader research Proteins and Immunoassay solutions) and Tocris small molecules in the portfolio, as well as products from acquisitions in both instruments, consumables, and Bio-Process solutions such as Cultrex, Atlanta Biologicals FBS, Novus, Protein Simple Instruments, and Quad Technologies that make up a best in class solutions driven portfolio of products.
The responsibilities of this position are to achieve sales targets through application of Bio-techne’s customized sales model utilizing Consultative Value Selling Skills (CVSS) by using Large Account Management Process and Strategic Selling Skills, and Bio-techne’s sales model to maintain current business, develop incremental business in existing accounts, and to obtain new accounts. The BTRR will achieve this through Field Sales calls in the assigned territory and visiting customers 75% of the time. It will be vital for the BTRR to be familiar with standard scientific methods, techniques, and reagents/equipment relevant to Bio-Techne’s product line. The development of Territorial Business Plans with the execution of effective account management to accomplish goals and follow company vision will provide success. Additional activities will include Providing technical support, seminars, and demonstrations to new and existing customers ensuring that customers are made aware of features, benefits, competitive advantages and applications of all relevant products, as well as working with representatives from other divisions within Bio-techne supporting product lines offering customers best in class workflows and solutions.
- Achieve sales targets through application of Professional, Consultative and Strategic Selling Skills (CVSS).
- Maintain business; develop incremental business in existing accounts and obtaining new accounts.
- Field Sales located in the assigned territory and visiting customers 75% of the time.
- Familiar with standard scientific methods, techniques, and reagents/equipment relevant to Bio-Techne’s product line.
- Plans and executes account management to accomplish goals and follow company vision.
- Provide technical support, seminars, and demonstrations to new and existing customers.
- Effective questioning to qualify customer needs and wants that result in providing the best customer focused solutions leveraging Bio-Techne’s extensive portfolio of products.
- Ensure that customers understand the value proposition, features, benefits, competitive advantages and applications of all relevant products.
- The ability to work with specialist and to partner with many on the team to provide a wide variety of product solutions.
- Able to successfully be able to handle objections, gain commitment to buy, and maximize cross-selling opportunities.
- Effectively forecasts and submits information in Bio-techne’s customer database that will allow marketing and other areas in the business to better support customers and our representatives to grow the business (SFDC).
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outline in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires a BS degree in biological/medical sciences with a minimum of 6 to 10 years related field sales management in life sciences combined with laboratory/research or technical support/sales experience, or an advanced Degree with a minimum of 4 to 7 years related experience. Demonstrated skills and experience in sales required. Thorough understanding of scientific principles behind the use of Bio-Techne products required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as computer entry and/or typing skills are required. Familiarity with CRM and ERP software desired. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multi task, and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, laboratory techniques and methods used in immunology or a related research setting.
- Understanding of the research market in pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and government segments
- Skills in problem solving; including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate customer needs and recommend appropriate products and solutions.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a good level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)
- Company and Product Knowledge
- Understands the Corporate culture and vision, and effectively represents the company and its products to customers and prospects
- Knows the product line features and benefits and communicates the value proposition to provide a customer solution and gain commitment to buy
- Customer Knowledge and Skills
- The ability to effectively manage a territory and accounts within the territory.
- Understands the business history, buying process, and the ability to research customers and prospects using internet and social media
- Selling Skills
- Effectively uses Consultative Value Selling Skills to manage the sales process (CVSS)
- Uses active listening, observation and questioning to qualify needs and wants to identify customer-based solutions to win the sale
- The ability to prospect and identify new business opportunities, gain appointments with key decision makers, and win commitments for immediate and long-term business
- Qualifies customer questions, effectively handles objections, and manages negotiation leading to commitment and asks for the close
- Acts in an entrepreneurial manner developing their business by seeking opportunities to expand sales while understanding the complex global business market
- Understands the financial impact of pricing and discounting decisions, manages expenses and Company resources, and views actions within the context of overall Corporate objectives
- Professional Skills and Attitude
- Is passionate about their work, exudes a positive attitude that makes customers want to interact with them, and always is looking for solutions that consider the customer and the company to create win-win outcomes.
- Acts in a manner consistent with the Company vision; behaves in a professional and ethical manner in all cases, and is a strong partner and team member seeking opportunities to contribute to overall team and Company success
- Is intrinsically motivated and competitive, and seeks creative ways to grow the business
- Values the importance of teamwork and helping others and wanting to be a good partner to others on the team as well as to actively support our customers with the best attitude that demonstrates the highest of character in our profession