By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Bio-Techne has a great Scientist opening in its Wallingford CT site. This is a unique opportunity for potential rapid growth and the ability to highly impact the organization. The team you will join is fresh, passionate and energetic. They have the collaborative support of an experienced leadership and coaching team, yet the team members have a lot of freedom to work independently. We empower people to be bold, innovative and make mistakes but quickly grow, learn and improve upon their experiences.
Your responsibilities will be to work with a team of scientists developing high quality immunoassay products for the Simple Plex immunoassay department. Other duties include the evaluation of new technologies and reagents to improve processes and the identification of novel applications for the immunoassay department. Work on extremely complex problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables. Must be able to work independently.
This position will be based in Wallingford, CT, with direct supervision residing at our company headquarters in Minneapolis MN.
- Develop Simple Plex assays.
- Perform experiments to improve our existing product lines or developing unique products.
- Develop novel applications for the Simple Plex products that can be used for Sales and Marketing content.
- Research and discover new technologies (reading scientific journals, discussions with other scientists, attending seminars, etc.).
- Investigate and identify new research areas to explore for Simple Plex products.
- Interact with other departments to collaborate in product development.
- Keep accurate notebooks and records of experiments, write reports and SOPs.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a Ph.D. degree in biological sciences or a closely related field with a minimum of 2+ years of experience and demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles, or a BS degree with 10+ years of related experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Experience in the areas of immunology and cell biology is required. Experience in PK, immune-oncology, and multiplexing assay development is desired. Familiarity with cell culture, antibody and protein characterization is a plus. Computer entry and/or typing skills are desirable. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multi task, and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of immunoassay development and biochemistry.
- Knowledge of products and requirements by customers.
- Skills in experimental design & analyzing.
- Skills in effective record keeping and writing.
- Skills in problem solving; including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a course of action.
- Excellent laboratory skills.
- Ability to follow/ write manufacturing SOP’s.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform with a high of level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)