Senior Research Associate - Cell Biology & Immunology
Senior Research Associates perform and independently conduct novel non-cell and cell based immunoassays for complex scientific projects.
This position is offered out of our Redwood City, CA facility, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM–5PM. OT and weekend hours are expected based on business need.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Performs assay development, qualification and validations as needed for all immunogenicity assays for therapeutic biologicals and gene therapy drug products.
- Conducts cell based assays including, but not limited to, ELISpot and Flow Cytometry.
- Separate, isolate and cryopreserve primary cells peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs).
- Completes all paperwork thoroughly and accurately for QA/QC and GxP purposes using Good Documentation Practices and updates computer-tracking systems, as required.
- Organizes data prior to submission.
- Ensures lab maintenance activities and equipment calibration are performed according to schedule.
- Ensures lab maintenance activities and maintains a clean and safe lab environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Cell or Molecular Biology or related field.
- 3-4 years of relevant prior industry experience.
- Experienced in using data analysis software like MS Excel, Graph Pad Prism and other statistical analysis software.
- Ability to interact and function in a highly productive work environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good attention to detail and documentation of data.
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language.
- Availability to work during off-peak hours when business demands dictate. This may include occasional weekends and evening shifts.
- Prior experience in a GLP/GCLP environment
- Experienced in tissue culture techniques with maintenance of cell lines in culture
- Cell Biology and Immunology experience
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC