Vice President, Clinical Development
TP Therapeutics, Inc. (TP) is a clinical-stage structure-based oncology drug design company founded in October 2013 by Dr. J. Jean Cui, the lead inventor of Pfizer’s oncology drug crizotinib and lorlatinib. The TP team is focused on the design and development of novel chemical entities within oncology for established oncogene drivers with high incidence of secondary resistance mutations; newly identified disease-driven targets; and potential targets regulating the tumor microenvironment and tumor immunity. For more information, please visit us at www.tptherapeutics.com.
Vice President, Clinical Development (MD Required)
- Oversee execution of early and late clinical development strategies
- Development spans pre-IND, First in patient through Approval and Commercialization.
- Work collaboratively with multiple internal groups to develop clinical development plans.
- Collaborate with the Senior Management and other line function heads to help streamline asset development plans and to lead clinical development teams.
- Work collaboratively with other line function heads to drive early Candidate Selection of early pipeline assets and establish best path forward for their INDs and development plans.
- Oversee and mentor medical monitors within the organization, and potentially other internal functions (depending on qualifications and desires)
- This position will report into the EVP, Chief Medical Officer and be a key member of the clinical organization
- Develop innovative clinical development plans that drive early decision making based upon objective clinical safety and efficacy response measures.
- Work collaboratively to develop expedited Proof of Concept programs that lead to seamless late stage development.
- Collaborate with external experts to drive innovation in early and late clinical development plans and translational/precision medicine.
- Represent TP Therapeutics at critical regulatory interactions.
- Ensure highest level of rigor and scientific integrity of clinical programs and protocols.
- Function as the Team Leader for at least one clinical asset and work in partnership with other team Leader(s) to ensure delivery of high-quality, cost-effective programs that are delivered on time and within budget, while maintaining the necessary resources needed to deliver the program.
- Meet regularly with senior leaders, including Chief Medical Officer
- Identify and escalate issues in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Meet with Senior Management as requested to keep them fully informed of issues of high priority related to Oncology.
- MD, MD/PhD or equivalent with extensive clinical experience.
- At least 10 years of oncology development experience within the Biotech or Pharmaceuticals industry, with focus in early development in Oncology (preferred).
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions within the organization
- Ability to lead in a team environment.
- Understanding of the drug development continuum from pre-POC to post-POC and commercialization.
- Understanding of related disciplines (e.g. biostatistics, regulatory, pre-clinical pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences).
- Demonstrated scientific productivity (publications, abstracts, etc.).
- A thorough understanding of Oncology and cancer biology and its relationship to drug development.
- Experience in functioning effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Insight into and understanding of principles related to evaluating business deal structures including commercial collaborations, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Experience in budgetary management and decision making.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in people management, communication and colleague development.
- Demonstrated effective negotiating, influencing, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
TP Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. TP Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. TP Therapeutics is an E-Verify employer.