Senior Space Planner
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Develops, manages, and implements space solutions to maximize safety, efficiency and foster innovation in keeping within REGENERON standards and to positively impact the scientific and administrative community.
• Develops plans, procures, manages and coordinates with clients, internal resources and outside vendors for day to day, MAC (Moves, Adds, Changes) activity and small to medium renovation workstreams on capital and non-capital projects.
• Customer interface at all levels for gathering and validating headcount growth projections, lab equipment deployment and all programmatic space requirements.
• Collaborates with internal resources (PMO, EHS, ENG), consultants, contractors, architects, furniture/ laboratory equipment vendors or other providers, to translate programmatic requirements into test fit layouts and socialize for client approval.
• Teams with Facilities Coordinators to manage relocation of personnel and laboratory equipment; supervises re-location vendors on major projects; supervises movers, in-house personnel and other vendors on small to large relocations, furniture, fixtures, and lab equipment installations.
• Reviews consultants' architectural drawings for accuracy and adherence to REGN space and finishes standards.
• Ensures FF&E specifications are executed as per REGN standards or customize solutions as necessary, ensuring specifications and drawings are accurate.
• Works with Furniture vendors to identify and specify furniture solutions.
• Negotiates space among user groups to maximize use of real estate while enhancing adjacencies to improve innovation, collaboration and workflow.
• Partners with Engineering to ensure electrical, plumbing, HVAC, telecom, data and other utilities needed for lab equipment and administrative functions are accurately identified on drawings.
• Partners with EHS to ensure all regulatory and other requirements are met.
• Manages the IWMS TriRiga Space Planning module to ensure integrity of data. Continually provides updates to record CAD drawings to be included into the IWMS/BIM record set. Incorporates changes made by other Space Planners, furniture or Architect consultants.
• Collects and interprets TriRiga IWMS and various HR or Finance report data for space analysis and work flow improvement.
• Analyses occupancy and headcount growth data to support short term, long term and Master Plan workstreams.
• May report to a Sr. Space Planner or above. Limited supervisory responsibilities (interns) and coaching / mentoring of junior team members is associated with this position.
Proficient in Microsoft advanced applications (Excel, MPP, PPT)
IWMS and CAFM familiarity required - TriRiga knowledge a plus
AutoCAD experience required. Knowldege of drafting principles and ability to read floor plans necessary.
Previous experience related to customer service a plus.
Strong organizational, interpersonal , negotiation, and communication skills are required. Able to multi-task and accepting of changing environments.
Interior Design or Corporate Real Estate experience a plus
Bachelors Degree required.
Required Licenses & Certificates: CID, CFM, or LEED AP a plus.
8-12yrs. of related experience in Space Planning processes, practices and procedures.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.